122 Wines In 122 Days ...

Well I was excited with the selection today ... everyone knows my favorite wine is Sauvignon Blanc and one of my favorite regions is Chile ... but ... I was so disappointed! It was very acidic and the grassy aromas that pour forth when you open a good bottle were hardly evident ... we didn't have the pizza suggested below (maybe THAT was the problem!!) but we did have one of my favorite dips with tortilla chips and I thought for sure we had an amazing match ... I have to give it a 6.5/10 ...

SANTA CAROLINA SAUVIGNON BLANC
LCBO 269597 | 750 mL bottle

Price: $ 9.50 White Wine, 13.5% Alcohol/Vol.

Made in: Chile, By: Vina Santa Carolina

Tasting Note - Straw yellow colour; grassy, gooseberry and melon nose with ripe citrus fruit flavours; dry, fresh, soft with grassy/citrus notes in the finish.

Serving Suggestion - Seafood pasta, pesto/chevre pizza, veggie dishes and light fish dishes.

Joe
www.iLuvWine.com

No comments: