95 Wines In 95 Days ...

OK ... I admit it ... starting to develope a taste for reds ... and actually go looking for certain things now! I was in the LCBO recently and was looking for a Pinot Noir under $10 (and not to many of them!!) ... anyway, saw this Shiraz from Pelee Island (going to visit there REAL soon). I looked at the back and it said it went well with Cajun food and a spicy barbeque. Well I had just picked up some special Jalepeno cheese and thought I would give it a try. WOW ... the wine had a very smooth taste with a small hint of "zing" on the front end (which I really enjoy - don't like the real dry experience) and a really nice aroma. And the pairing? Aweome! Solid 8/10 and Pelee Island continues to impress!

PELEE ISLAND SHIRAZ/CABERNET
LCBO 637199 | 750 mL bottle

Price: $ 8.95 Red Wine, 12.5% Alcohol/Vol. Sugar Content : 1

Made in: Ontario, Canada By: Pelee Island Vineyard Inc.

Tasting Note - Deep ruby; spicy herbal nose with cherry, vanilla and cassis; Dry, medium bodied with soft tannins.

Serving Suggestion - Pasta primavera; Picnic fare.

Joe
www.iLuvWine.com

No comments: